We seek students who have an interest in intellectual property, including trademark, copyright, advertising, trade secret, and internet law, along with an excellent academic record. At Pattishall McAuliffe, we value our summer program as a recruiting resource and regularly extend offers of full-time employment to those summer associates who excel in our program.
We participate in OCI at several law schools. Please contact your career services office to find out if we will be visiting your school. If we are not, and you are interested in applying for our summer program, please send your application materials to:
Director of HR & Operations
Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP
200 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
For more information, please visit our profile in the NALP directory. http://www.nalpdirectory.com.
Pattishall McAuliffe’s summer program gives law students a realistic experience of the firm’s practice. Guided by a mentor, we involve each summer associate in as many aspects of the firm’s practice as possible, including litigation, client management, and transactional work. The work assigned to summer associates is equivalent to the work of a first-year associate.
In past years, summer associates have:
- Conducted pro bono seminars for photographers and film-makers, visual artists, and musicians;
- Investigated claims of infringement;
- Assisted in negotiating the purchase of domain names;
- Assisted in witness preparation, briefing, and jury instructions for trials both in Chicago and in other cities;
- Drafted discovery and pretrial memoranda;
- Attended a hearing out of town for a temporary restraining order; and
- Prepared for and attended depositions in Chicago and elsewhere.
We hold weekly educational seminars on substantive and trial practice issues, in addition to work on client matters. Additionally, our summer associates have the opportunity to learn about the different aspects of intellectual property law through the preparation of a blog post, an educational presentation, and research on books and articles.
We also provide summer associates opportunities to get to know our attorneys, paralegals and staff by offering a variety of social activities throughout the great city of Chicago.