Our Internet, e-commerce, and computer technology practice has stayed on the cutting edge of this dynamic field of law. Every day, we’re involved in Internet litigation and transactions.
Online problems have yielded a range of new tools – the UDRP, ACPA, DMCA – which we regularly use to help our clients defend their brands. We’ve handled hundreds of domain name disputes at WIPO and the NAF, have prevented online disclosure of confidential information abroad, and have recovered large damage awards under the ACPA.
Our litigation practice includes:
- Internet domain name infringement and cybersquatting disputes
- Metatag and key word infringement disputes
- Linking, framing and spamming disputes
- Database protection and invasion disputes
- Rights of privacy and publicity matters
- Copyright infringement cases regarding web site and source code copying
- Contract disputes.
Our counseling and transaction practice includes:
- Internet domain names acquisition and registration
- Clearance of advertising, sweepstakes, promotions and contests on the Internet
- Co-branding, distribution, and Internet content licensing agreements
- Clickwrap and similar agreements
- Web site development agreements
- Software license, maintenance and development agreements
- Technology transfer agreements
- Technology development, ownership and confidentiality agreements
- Consultant agreements relating to technology services
- Intellectual property audits and compliance reviews
- Trade secret protection programs.
Whatever your concern, Pattishall can help to guide you through Internet, privacy and e-commerce issues.