Deborah A. O’Donnell, CLM
Deborah O’Donnell serves as the Firm’s Director of Human Resources and Operations and has held that role since May 2000. Deb’s experience includes more than 30 years in the legal industry, with more than 25 years as an HR professional.
Among the many roles in her Operations capacity, Deb works closely with the Firm’s Marketing Committee where she is the Project Leader on many initiatives, including the coordination of large-scale client marketing events. She is actively involved in the Firm’s branding identity, including use of logo, website content management and general marketing collateral. Deb also functions as the Firm’s CLE Manager, managing Illinois and multi-state educational continuing legal education seminars presented by the Firm.
In November 2014, Deb achieved the Certified Legal Manager (CLM) designation from the Association of Legal Administrators-a designation held by less than 5% of the Association’s total membership. CLMs are recognized as individuals who have met the work experience requirement, displayed a commitment to continuing education and passed a comprehensive examination demonstrating the mastery of the essential knowledge of a highly proficient legal administrator.
- Professional Women’s Club of Chicago : Member, Membership Committee (2017-2019)
- Greater Chicago Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators : Secretary (2017-2019); Communication/Website Director (2015-2017); Immediate Past President/Historian (2014-2015); President (2013-2014); Vice President/President Elect (2012-2013); Secretary and Vice President Elect (2011-2012); Communication/Website Director (2008-2011)
- Association of Legal Administrators : Member, ALA Membership Development Committee (2016-Present); Annual Nominating Committee (October 2014); Region 3 Nominating Committee (October 2012)
- Association of Legal Administrators : Member since 1996
- "So Says Ebenezer, 'I Like Your Performance!'" Administrator's Advantage (November/December 2016)
- "Have I Got a Story for You!" Administrator's Advantage (March/April 2014)
- "Marketing Makeover: Are You Ready to Select a New Shade of Success?" Administrator's Advantage (January/February 2014)
- "Live Long and Prosper: Human Resources According to Star Trek," Administrator's Advantage(November/December 2013)
- "Michelangelo, CPA: Finance is an Art!" Administrator's Advantage (September/October 2013)
- "Technology: I Have a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore, Toto," Administrator's Advantage(July/August 2013)
- "Setting our GPS to Success," Administrator's Advantage (May/June 2013)
- “Deb O’Donnell’s Where Are They Now,” Association of Legal Administrators Windy City Legal Ease Podcast (July 2023)
- "2021: A Membership Odyssey," Co-presenter, Association of Legal Administrators Chapter Leadership Institute, Minneapolis, MN (July 2017)
- "Solving the Puzzle: Preparing For Your Journey to Certified Legal Manager," Co-moderator, CLM Preparation Idea Exchange, 2015 Association of Legal Administrators Conference & Expo, Nashville, TN (May 2015)
- "A Day in the Life of a Legal Administrator," Moderator, panel discussion presented to the HQ staff of the Association of Legal Administrators, Chicago, IL (November 2013)