At Pattishall, we understand that your trademark is the centerpiece of your brand. We can defend your trademark – and so much more. Starting with the design and registration, we help our clients develop trademarks that can be protected. Then we work to insure that your trademark maintains its value.
You may think you know a trademark when you see one, but the field is complex. A mark is any device that serves as an indication of source. Besides words and logos, a mark may be a sound, color, slogan, product shapes, or even a smell.
We’ve helped thousands of clients protect their trademarks, as well as their shapes, colors, sounds, and even marching ducks!
For example, for Ford we’ve developed a program to register unique automotive design elements – such as mirrors, bumpers and taillights – as an additional means of thwarting counterfeiters and infringers.
Our firm offers the complete range of trademark services, in the U.S. and internationally:
Our network of international associates has been forged over many years, with lawyers and agents we’ve identified as the best trademark practitioners in their respective countries.
Want to know the details? As a regular part of our practice, we:
- Litigate trademark and trade dress infringement, dilution, gray-market and counterfeit goods lawsuits and appeals, in both state and federal courts
- Litigate Trademark Trial and Appeal Board cases and appeals to the Federal Circuit, including opposition and cancellation proceedings and ex parte appeals
- Conduct domestic and international trademark clearance searches
- Prepare and prosecute trademark application programs and supervise post-registration activities in the United States and abroad
- Conduct trademark investigations and watches in the United States and abroad
- Prepare licensing, assignment, and security agreements.
Whether you’re protecting a logo or a line of marching ducks, you can turn to Pattishall for every aspect of trademark law.